Statebuilder is now playable
Posted by Oleksandr on April 14, 2017
Since the initial announcement in October 2016, I've been working on the user-playable version of Statebuilder, and developing all of the required backend features for that (user accounts, database storage, etc). Now it is finally ready, and I'm calling for early adopters to try the gameplay.
Most of the infrastructure heavy-lifting should be complete by now, and work on gameplay features will resume shortly.
A payment system has been set up for premium subscribers. At this point it should be considered a crowd-funding setup for early enthusiasts, as the game is not feature complete yet (obviously), and it will probably take years to reach that point. Consider supporting development financially if you like what you're seeing so far, and want to get more features sooner rather than later.
From now on, development updates will be posted more regularly, now that I have a blog set up.
Major items developed since October 2016
- User accounts (signup, login, edit account, password recovery).
- Game session progress is now stored in the database.
- New UI framework features: editable text fields, message box, etc.
- In-game UI for configuring a world for the new game.
- In-game UI for switching between game sessions.
- Premium subscriptions system, and payment setup.
- Further website work (blog, navigation bar, links to social networks).